30-Day Walkthrough Inspections
The US EPA published new regulations in 2015 for underground storage tanks that includes updated testing and inspection requirements. Implementation of the new requirements varies depending on which state the UST system is in and if that state has an approved state regulatory program (SPA) or not.
R&A has encouraged owners and operators to conduct regular walkthrough inspections of their facilities since our inception, as part of the loss control programs we’ve developed. We believe that preventative maintenance is the key to better operations, and we’re excited to add 30-Day walkthrough inspections to our lineup of services!
30-Day walkthrough inspections must include:
- Check spill prevention equipment for damage and remove any liquid or debris
- Check fill pipe for obstructions
- Check fill cap to ensure it is secure and seals on the fill pipe
- Check interstitial monitoring for leaks, if applicable
- Check release detection equipment to ensure it is operating properly with no alarms
- Review release detection records and ensure they are being kept current
R&A’s flexible reporting procedures make it simple for owners and operators to coordinate repairs with their service company. Every R&A inspection is tailored to fit your needs and your schedule.
Choosing R&A to conduct the 30-day walkthrough inspections at your facility guarantees you will receive comprehensive, independent reports that satisfy EPA requirements. Our standard inspection documentation includes a detailed report of regulatory compliance issues and a listing of recommended maintenance items. Photos of all identified issues are available upon request.
The R&A inspection and documentation is fully compliant with state and federal regulations.
Stay in compliance with the industry experts! Request a quote today!